Gigabit City Summit Webcast
The Smart+Connected Communities Institute, in conjunction with its Gigabit City Summit partners, is, once again, pleased to offer its members an opportunity to listen in on a fascinating live conversation on smart progress in various cities around the world through the eyes of those involved in these transformations.
This second roundtable event addresses issues that arise as the world passes from disparate legacy economies into a new global economy, accelerated by Internet technologies. Management styles in this new mileu must embrace sustainability, high-performance collaboration, accelerated innovation, open access across silos, and a greater awareness of social consciousness. For a Gigabit City planning organization to be effective, it must strike a balance between old and new in organization, leadership, partnerships and integration with communities. This session will address successes and challenges related to governance, leadership, organization, partnership and community in developing Gigabit Cities.
- Ger Baron - Program and Cluster Mgr., Amsterdam Innovation Motor
- Srinivas Chary - Dean, Admin. Staff, College of India
- Mike Burke - Co-Chair, Mayors’ Bi-State Innovation Team
- Ray Daniels - Co-Chair, Mayors’ Bi-State Innovation Team
- Gordon Falconer - AAPI MRICS, Dir. Urban Innovation, Cisco Internet Business Solutions Group
- Bill Hutchison - Chairman, i-CANADA Alliance; CEO, Hutchison Management International
- Joseph Pique - Director, Strategic Sectors - 22@, Barcelona City Council
Go to Smart + Connected Communities Institute to listen to the webcast.